ABSA Credit Cards
Having a credit card can be handy. A Credit Card will allow building a credit score. You will not need any other store cards to buy goods on credit. You can use your credit card to get cash. Store cards do not allow you to draw cash.
Important to note a credit card requires self-control. It is easy to get carried away and charge items to your credit card.
You have to be mindful and not forget that the money you spend with your credit card will have to be paid back.
When you make use of your credit card to buy an item or pay for a service you will have two payment options. The options are straight or budget.
The difference Between Straight and Budget
- Straight – means that you will settle the whole amount within the next 30 to 55 days. No interest charged. This depends on the T & C’s of the bank you have the credit card with.
- Budget – when you select the budget option. You can choose between six or twelve months to pay off the charge. This means you will pay installments over the number of months you choose. You will pay off the debt with interest.
About ABSA Bank
ABSA bank founded in 1991 and is a subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group Limited. ABSA provide a range of financial services. Credit cards, home loans, business, personal loans, and investment.
The Benefits Of An ABSA Credit Card
- ABSA credit cards accepted worldwide so you will never need another card when you travel
- You like to shop online – Not a problem with ABSA credit card
- Using and paying your ABSA credit card will help you build a reliable credit history
- ABSA credit card offers great rewards whenever you buy and pay with your card
- Fixed budget payments
- Offers 57 days interest-free
- Zero transaction fee when you use ABSA credit card
- Lost card protection for free
- Travel insurance
The types of credit cards offered by ABSA South Africa:
Platinum ABSA Credit Card:
The Platinum credit card designed to meet individuals financial and lifestyle needs. It’s available to people earning more than R25 000 monthly. Benefits that go with this type of ABSA Credit Card includes. Free Bidvest lounge access in terminals within South Africa. Exclusive offers and discounts.
Gold ABSA Credit Card:
The Gold credit card offers are available to people earning more than R4 000 monthly. Benefits accompanying this card. Includes discounted Bidvest Airport lounge access in terminals within South Africa. Automatic basic travel insurance.
Transact Credit Card:
The Transact credit card is for people who have been looking to start building a credit record. It’s available to people earning at least R2 000 monthly. Can use the card for anything from petrol to paying for services. Approval of the credit card depends on affordability.
Student Credit Card:
The Student credit card offers students services with banking. The convenience and the opportunity to start building a credit profile. The card is available to a student who is full-time registered with a valid ID.
To Apply For An ABSA Credit Card
You will need the following documents:
- South African Identity Document
- Proof of address
- Three-month salary slip
- Three-month bank statement if you are not baning with ABSA
Need More Help With ABSA Credit Cards?
Visit your nearest ABSA branch, call 0861 46 22 73 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSA online to apply for a credit card or for more information.
Read Budget for unexpected expenses.