Free Education Two Years
Yes, that is correct South Africa’s coding college is looking for students for 2019. And it is correct the course is free. You will study for free for two years after you qualified for the program.
There is a rigorous application process to make sure that you will be a suitable candidate for the two-year program.
The Cost Of Education
With the Fees Must Fall protest a few years back and the rising cost of education I must say I am in awe of this initiative. I only hope that this is something that can carry on for many years. I hope this kind of program inspires other Organisations, Corporations, and Governments to look at making education free for the younger generation.
If your parents do not have the funds for university education then take a look at this course.
About We Think Code
We Think Code is a non-profit organization. We Think Code assists the youth of Africa to bridge the digital gap by offering free coding education for two years. The We Think Code team partnered with corporations. Like Standard Bank, FNB, Investec, Dimension Data, Telkom, and Outsurance to assist and to find working opportunities for We Think Code graduates. In these corporations, IT departments.
We Think Code have campuses in Johannesburg and in Cape Town. Registration is now open for 2019.
How Long Is The Course?
The course is a two-year program.
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 35.
- No prior experience or Matric is required.
- You will have to take an online application test click here.
- The application consists of games that will test your problem-solving abilities.
- If you do have a computer then you can go to one of We Think Code campuses to take the test.
- If you pass the application process you will attend a month-long Bootcamp.
- The Bootcamp will determine if you will be suitable for the full-time course.
About The Course
- There are now teachers or classes for the course.
- Students have to help each other with solving coding problems.
- There are campus managers that monitor how students work and are progressing.
If you are not sure what career path you want to take yet. Then this can be an opportunity for you to test your skills and see if this might be something that you will be able to do.
I have studied a bit of coding. It is not that hard. There is just a lot to remember and if you cannot remember it all the code is always on the internet. Solving a problem can be tricky and it takes a bit of brain power to come up with a solution. But if you understand how the code works then any problem can be solved eventually.
If you are interested in computers or the internet then give it a go you will never know until you tried it.
Contact We THink Code
Read: 10 Jobs That You Can Do Without A Degree