NSFAS Student Loan Application

Cannot Afford to Pay For Your Child’s Tertiary Education? Apply for an NSAFS Student Loan

Important to note, not all kids want to go to university to complete a degree. It all depends on the child. Some kids are gifted in other areas and do not desire to study after completing school.

With that said having some sort of training or education after school is a good investment in your child’s future.

As parents, we can only guide and support them in the choices they make in their life. Saving up for tertiary education is one way of supporting our kids. The question is what happens if you did not save for university education or how will we support our kids if you were unable to save money for their tertiary education?

Your child can make an application for an NSFAS Student Loan.

The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is funded by the Department of Higher Education. It funds thousands of students every year that cannot afford to pay for higher education.

It assists students who cannot afford or access loans via bank, study loans or bursaries.

Your child can apply for an NSFAS study loan or bursary via the financial aid bureau at the university where he or she will be studying or via the NSFAS online application.

Your child will have to register on the NSFAS website and create an account for him or her to start the application process.

www.nsfas.org.za for more information on the application process. The application process for 2020 is now open.

my.nsfas.org.za for an NSAFS personal account.

First time application close between 1st August and 20 November for students wanting to register for public universities and TVET colleges.

Make sure that you apply in advance to allow for adequate time to process your application. Make sure you stay alert for application submissions. Diarise the date of application submissions.

You will need copies of the following documentation after you created an account at MY.NSAFS.

Documentation Required for an NSFAS bursary loan application

  • Matric Certificate.
  • Identity document or Birth Certificate.
  • Latest Academic results.
  • Proof of parents income (If employed).
  • Death Certificates (Of parent or parents if deceased).
  • Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled).

The documents must not be three months old.

NSFAS can be contacted by calling 0860 067 327 or by email info@nsafs.org.za

Read Save For your Kids Education