No doubt you do have a reward card in your purse or wallet. Super Markets, Clothing Stores, Restaurants, and Banks all offer a reward card that will give you money back, special discounts or exclusive previews to products. I have about five cards that I make use of one or two on a regular basis and the others not so regular.
With today’s economy who not want a discount or get something for free? We all do well most of us anyway. So what is bad about a reward card?
The Bad about reward cards
- Another card to fill your wallet.
- Signing up for a card can be a pain some suppliers require so much information that I eventually give up.
- Tracking you: If you not aware by now the store or supplier use the card to track you as a consumer. They check what items you buy, how many times you shop at their store the amount you spend. They basically build a nice profile about you and other customers.
- Another database out there with your personal information to steal and sell.
- Suppliers can and will change the Terms & Conditions of their card so it might save you as much as it did in the past.
- You get spam either via SMS or email.
- You sometimes have to spend a lot to get the reward.
The Good about reward cards
- Saving you money of course.
- Extra discount on sale items.
- Early access to new products.
- Invites to special sales events.
- You get an early notification on when the next sale is taking place.
- You get a notification on sale for a specific product you like to buy.
- Some cards offer that you can use your accumulated points with other retailers or providers.
Yes, I might take some time to get a reward back depending on the supplier or provider and yes, I do save money mostly on rewards cards from grocery stores and restaurants when I treat the family. I have to spoil the kids a little.
Read Save money when shopping.