Virgin Money launched in South Africa in 2006. The organisation is a division of Virgin.
Virgin Money created a credit facility that is easy to apply for and can be used locally and internationally, wherever MasterCard logo appears.
Having a credit card can provide a number of rewards for individuals. Virgin Money is now part of a section of the South African market with a desire to supplement their lifestyle needs that can also afford to make repayments comfortably.
What benefits are offered by getting a credit card from Virgin Money?
- No monthly or annual service fees
- No card swiping charges
- Free face-to-face delivery
- Up to 55 days’ interest-free credit
- Credit interest of 2.5% per annum
- Free Lost Card Insurance
- Free Automatic Basic Travel Insurance
- Exclusive access to Priceless Africa offers
- Option to choose up to three additional cards linked to your main account
- Personalised limit based on your credit score
- 3D secure protection for online shopping
As long as you pay your full outstanding balance by the due date shown on your statement you won’t pay a cent interest on your swiped purchases
What are the qualifying criteria?
- Be at least 18 years old
- Earn a monthly personal income of R5000 or more a month
- Be a South African resident with a valid ID
- Have a South African bank savings or cheque account
With a credit card from Virgin Money you can gain rewards, as long as you keep a positive balance on your account.
Virgin Money also gives you the option of signing up for an automatic annual credit limit increase to ensure that your card keeps up with your purchasing needs.
To apply for a credit card from Virgin Money simply visit the website www.virginmoneycard.co.za,or call 0861 822 273.